We are accepting applications for a Social Media intern at our agency located in central Oklahoma City. This is a 3-month, paid, part-time position designed for college credit and real-world experience for the Spring/Summer of 2017. There are perks to the gig and there is flexibility to work around your schedule and in working remotely some of the time if desired. This position does require 2 days in office a week for a minimum of a 4 hour shift. Willing to cooperate with your school so you receive credit towards any degree requirements. Students who are public relations, communications, journalism or similar majors or experienced in being a social media ninja are encouraged to apply.
– Create content for social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat etc.)
– Work directly with Social Media Director/clients on identifying new areas of newsworthy content
– Engage in online chats to increase engagement and followers.
– Create content calendars, schedule social media posts in advance.
– Create media lists/industry directories
– Work with graphic designer to concept any required media for social media posts.
– Skills Required:
– Strong skills in writing and communication
– Strong social networker and knowledge of social media networks
– Able to grasp the bigger picture of purpose of social media
– WordPress and/or web experience is a plus!
Expected to learn:
– Learn real world experience of public relations process
– How to use social media automation tools and data aggregators
– Learn how to pitch stories to local media
– Learn how to create content calendars
– Learn how to get published in various industry media outlets.
– Learn real world experience of how design/collaboration works between agency and client
– Learn how to write copy better/editing skills
– Editing and proofing skills
– Potential to learn to work in WordPress platform
You will have the opportunity to work for a company who is a growing startup that is disrupting how traditional marketing is being done in Oklahoma. In our environment, new ideas and concepts are always welcome and encouraged. There will also be opportunities to earn commission. Additionally if work is satisfactory upon completion of internship, there could potentially be additional opportunities for paid freelance or part-time work depending on company’s needs at the tim. Please send resume’s and links to relevant social profiles to firstname.lastname@example.org .